Must have Apps for Business
Also keep in mind I have purposely left out apps that are generally useful that are not necessarily targeted towards the business saavy individually, Ie. You Tube, Facebook, Yelp, Google Maps etc etc. Here we go.........
1. ABC News Mobile/CNN Mobile – I paired these together because it depends on your personal preference with regards to what new corporation you get your news from. Both these programs allow you to have news as instantly as it’s unveiled. You can watch it, read it, listen to podcasts or even read articles. If you’re always on the go and are struggling to find time to stay up to date with what’s going on, this is the app for you.
2. The Huffington Post – this is another news related app, however Huffington differs from traditions news conglomerates in one significant way, it also allows you to express your own opinions in a comment section on current matters and even duke it out with other members of Huffington Post.
3. LinkedIn – this is an invaluable social Networking application intended for a more professional white collar audience looking to Network for monetary reasons. LinkedIn allows you to exchange contact information just by bumping your phone and also allows you to browse people’s profiles prior to meeting them. LinkedIn is a must have Mobile App for today’s business savvy individuals.
4. Skype – Skype is msn targeted towards a more professional and business orientated demographic, if you don’t already know about Skype, Skype allows you to connect with users almost instantly, you can reach them at their computer or even reach them from any mobile phone. Verizon Wireless users can now use Skype through their phones for free without using their mobile minutes.
5. Bump – this is an interesting application that allows you to exchange contact information simply by bumping your phone with another bump user. Now obviously the usefulness of this application would depend largely on whether or not other people use it. Certainly the act of “bumping” your phone with a positional business partner you just met may seem a bit childish, but only until it catches on. What are the perks? You can exchange for more information with this app than you can with a business card.
6. Yammer – this is social networking for businesses. Yammer allows you to create a closed social circle that brings together all of a company’s employees inside a private, secure social network. This allows for an open exchange of ideas between employee’s employers, enables you to send out announcements to employees, link documents and even set up meetings.
7. CNNMoney – this App keeps you up to date with all things business and gives you the scoop on trends, up to the minute financial news, market analysis, data, charts, the works.
8. XE Currency – this program allows you to convert the currencies of more than 180 countries at up-to-the-minute rates. The app saves the last conversion just in case you may need to repeat it offline, too.
9. IstockManager – this is an invaluable tool if you invest in Stocks, it allows continuous access and control over your TD Amertrade account, gives you news, option trading and a lot more all accessible from your mobile device.